Glorious metallurgical plant in the western part of Dnipropetrovsk was founded in 1887.
6 blast furnaces, 8 open-hearths, 3 Bessemer converters, forge and 9 rolling mills were in operation by 1917 already. Besides the basic shaped steel products, the plant was manufacturing sewer pipes as well.
During World War II most of the equipment was transported to the Urals and Siberia, specifically to mills in Chusovoy, Gurevsk, Novotroitsk, Kuznetsk and Magnitogorsk.
After the liberation of Dnepropetrovsk in 1943 the restoration of severely damaged plant started. The first blast furnace was tapped just one year later. Prewar production was reached in 1949.
In 1956 the construction of the BOF shop has begun, the first of its kind in entire USSR.
Since 2007 the plant belongs to the Evraz group.
The mill operates two blast furnaces, three 90 t oxygen converters and two rolling mills today.
Keywords: evraz dmz petrovskogo, dnepropetrovsk, ukrajina, sssr, soviet union, železárny, hutě, steelworks, hüttenwerk, zeche, hochofen, vysoká pec, blast furnace, industriální architektura, industrial photography, industriální fotografie, industriekultur
Views: 475 ×