Last pig iron production site in once heavy industrial Grand Duchy are today represented by two extinguished blast furnaces "A" and "B" of former ARBED (Aciéries Réunies de Burbach-Eich-Dudelange) only.
Furnace "A" (right) with daily capacity of 2300 tons was built in 1965, five years later furnace "B" followed and finally furnace "C" was finished in 1979 and disassembled and shiped to China between 1996-97.
The site has been greatly redeveloped and subsequently rebuilt within the developer project "Belval Plaza", an administrative and business center. Both blast furnaces will be reconstructed and involved within the rising economical melting-pot.
More about the project at www.agora.lu and www.fonds-belval.lu
Keywords: belval plazza, esch belval, luxembourg, agora project, blast furnace, hochofen, haut fournau, vysoká pec, konverze, industriální architektura, industrial architecture, steelworks, reused, nové využití
Views: 1026 ×