Wittgenstein´s Poldi Kladno ironworks started to build its new plant in Chomutov early in 1916.
The steel plant and forge hall were built first, however the World War decelerate the dynamic expansion dramaticaly.
With the new technological possibilities after 1918 the production range and needs changed too. Unfinished steel mill was rebuilt to a foundry and
a new rolling mill grew nearby. The new plant was commissioned in 1920 finally.
Allied troops damaged the mill seriously during the last days of second world war. After nationalization the foundry was merged with Mannesman Tube Mill and the new combine was named after Julius Fucik.
Since 1999, the foundry is listed as a private company. Production focuses on steel casts up to 4500 kg.