The beginnings of heavy industries in town of Store can be found in 1845 already, when the first water hammer was founded on the local river Voglajna in order to supply products used in the building of the Vienna-Trieste railway. In 1851 the Store ironworks were established.
KOVIS foundry as an independent company was formed after complicated development in 1976. From the beginning the production was oriented on traditional railway industry with break discs and axle boxes casts. The grey iron was melted in two cupola furnaces with forehearth and three induction furnaces.
In this form the foundry survived found its way among the top railway casts manufactures in Slovenia today.
Views: 1131 ×