The new coke plant in town of Częstochowa continues with the metallurgical traditons of former steelworks "Towarzystwo Zakładów Metalowych Bernard Hantke" established between 1896-1902.
The first and second coke battery were put in operation in 1960. No.3 and 4 followed two years later. In 1972 the coke productions is switched to brand new batteries no.5 and 6.
Raw coal is supplied by polish mining company Jastrzębska Spółka Węglowa mainly and water-quenched coke is sold to european markets only. Coke gas is used by neighbouring steel mill ISD Huta Częstochowa.
During 2010-2011 modern battery no.1 was built together with new quenching tower.
Keywords: Koksownia Częstochowa nowa, slask, silesia, poland, polsko, koksovna, coke works, coking plant, quenching tower, hasící věž, industriální architektura, industrial architecture, industriální fotografie, industrial photography, industriekultur fotografie
Views: 1234 ×