Metal processing in town of Łabędy is dating back to 1848 when "Huta Hermina" (Herminenhütte) was established. In first decades the works were focused on non-ferrous metals processing mostly.
Increasing military needs made the plant even larger in 1938 - new open-hearth steel mill and forge were put into operation. Middle-section and universal rolling mill followed by 1948. In 1950 the works were renamed as "Huta Łabędy", production focused on hot rolled products for mining industry.
In 1993 the steel mill became an independent company later known as "Ferrostal". New, state-or-art electric arc furnace with capacity of 65 tonnes was installed in 1995.
Keywords: huta labedy, ferrostal, grupa cognor, slask, silesia, steel mill, steelworks, stahlwerk, ocelárna, industrial photography, industriální fotografie, metalurgie, hutnictví, huť, eaf, electric arc furnace, elektrická oblouková pec
Views: 321 ×