It was back in 1935 when the fileds on Dneprodzerzhinsk suburbs were surveyed for the very first time. The construction has begun one year later, but nobody expected that finishing the plant will take another 17 long years due to difficult war years and its consequences.
During 1941-1943 the construction site was used by the Nazis for mass executions of local residents.
The coke production started in 1952.
After privatization in 1995 joint-stock company Bagliykoks was founded and merged into Evraz holding in 2006. Since 2016 the coke plant is knows as Yuzhkoks. Three bateries are in operation currently.
Keywords: bunkrfront, Dneprodzerzhinsk, evraz, kamenskoe, ukrajina, sssr, bagliykoks, yuzhkoks, coke works, coking plant, kokerei, koksovna, industriální architektura, industrial photography, industriekultur, uhelná věž, coal bunker
Views: 671 ×