Radlin coke plant
In southern part of small town Radlin was deepened pit "Mauve" in 1883 which was the very beginning of current so-called KWK Marcel (also known as Ema - till 50´s).
Due to increasing coal production a tiny coking plant was build there in 1911. In 1920 became this cokery separated and is known as "Koksownia Radlin" since 1950.
Nowadays four batteries are situated here, two old (from 40´s) and two new (built in 2006).
From January 2010 only the modern part will stay active
Brand new batteries no.1 and no.2 was inaugurated in the middle of 2008.
A two-years building-up one of the most modern coke plants in Europe cost 417 mil. zl.